Monday, March 10, 2008

Nice Quote


Laura, from "Over The Rainbow" fabric shop sent this quote in her latest newsletter:
"I wish that all the world were Quilters...we could bind our wounds, mend our differences, harmonize our colors and blend our borders." --Author Unknown

I have to say that I've never met a quilter I didn't like! They (we?) tend to be compassionate, tolerant, generous, patient, kind.... I've known quilters who don't even OWN a quilt, because they keep giving them away! It used to drive my husband nuts when I gave away my quilts. Now that I sell them, he thinks I don't charge enough. When I figure how many hours I spend on each quilt it does seem like a silly line of work! But then someone buys a quilt, and tells me how much they love it, and I'm suddenly glad to be a quilter.