Sunday, March 30, 2008

Is It Spring Yet?



The calendar says it is, but here in Michigan there's still some snow on the ground. I'm kind of nutty because I actually like winter (it is quilt weather, after all!) But I bowed to the majority today and finally took my "Christmas" quilt off the wall. As you can see from the photo, it's really more of a "Snowman" quilt, and I figure as long as there's snow on the ground I can still celebrate snowmen if I want to. (Do kids still make snowmen? I don't think I saw one in my neighborhood all winter, though there were gigantic plastic snowmen at Christmastime. There's something inherently wrong about plastic snowmen that are planted in real snow!)
But, anyway, my quilt and the matching placemats are back in the cedar chest for another year. Or, wait...only 8 months until November; that'll fly by!